Notes on the videos
- Art as play.
- Grew up surrounded by art.
- Connected to his indigenous community.
- “If the work doesn’t relate to your family and your community then what’s the point?”
- Collaborating with cousins in his art practice.
- Belonging to place, but being separate from it.
- Nature and landscape part of who you are and what you do.
- Rewrite a displaced indigenous community back into wider community.
Yoko Ono 1 – the case for
- Learned music
- “A grapefruit in a world of park”
- Hybrid fruit as a metaphor
- Instructions as art
- Do the action, or just imagine – become the artist
- Dismantling of taboos
- Invitation to participate is a key part of her work
Yoko Ono 2 – reading from Grapefruit
Reminded me of Radiohead’s “Fitter Happier”.
Yoko Ono 3
- Simple materials
- Household items
- More interested in concept
- Brain as a driver of body
- Music as a human creation
- Vibration is important – frees you
- Sound as artform
- Fungibility of art
- Include change into art
- Art as a dynamic act; not a static object
- Enjoys every day