Perception Session #4
This is mainly preparation for face-to-face session 5, which unfortunately I had to miss because of work.
- What is your writing project – how are you approaching this – a creative work and academic work/etc.
- How are you presenting the work? Zine, book style, catalogue, photo essay, etc.
- How is the approach you are taking seem relevant/appropriate to the project you have undertaken?
- What set texts you have been reading? additional resources? and the research on creative practices you have located?
- Where are you at with the Works Cited List or Reference lists.
- What do you feel you need help /support wi th?
- What is on your Checklist
- List questions you have for us
What writing project?
How do various pieces of rhythmic, repetitive music influence me as an artist?
How to present?
Boring, but a classic essay.
Relevancy to project?
Not sure that an essay is going to be able to fully articulate how a piece of music makes me feel. Will need to see how far my vocabulary stretches!
Which set texts?
I’m going to work with Paul Duncum Visual Culture and Embodiment 2005.
I have a number of sources so far from my research into this.
What help needed?
Not a lot of point filling this out – I can’t attend the tutorial.
What’s on checklist?
- Listen again to pieces.
- Experiment with some basic drawing, painting, while listening to a piece. See if the piece I’m listening to makes any difference to my work.
- Select the media I will use for my final piece(s).
Not at this stage.